1) What makes a good communicator? Do you know anyone who goes on about something all the time? In what situation have you not been able to get a word in edgeways? Have you ever got hold of the wrong end of the stick? Is there something you haven’t been able to make head or tail of?
2) In general, are you a rational person or do you base decisions on your emotions? What are the advantages of each approach? Do you think women are generally more emotional/intuitive than men? Are we less patient and less considerate nowadays than 30-40 years ago?
3) Have you ever struggled with some subject at school? Have you ever attempted doing something new and failed? Have you ever neglected your family and friends because of your job or studies?
4) Do you believe people in your country should be encouraged to leave their parents’ house when they are younger and be more independent? How does a child relationship with their parents affect their character? Has it affected yours? How?
5) Where do you most feel at home? What would you miss about your home town if you had to move away? How could people’s life change while travelling? What is the place that you like best in the world? Why?
6) How would you react in stressful situations, e.g. travel plans going wrong, being stranded in the middle of nowhere, cancelled flight etc? Have you ever lived any memorable situation while travelling that had an impact on your life?
7) Would you ever go into business with a family member? Why (not)? Which kind of business would you find most interesting to be involved with? What personal qualities does one need to be a successful businessman?
8) Why do people do yoga? What kind of people do you associate with this activity? Do you think you’d benefit from it? Which activities do you do when you want to unwind and relax? What about to focus and maximize your potential?
9) What is your relationship with money? Are you a spendthrift or a saver? Do you buy on impulse or shop around? Compare your life with how it was 2 generations ago. Do you think it is better? How?
10) What do you think are the biggest dangers of current scientific advances? How would you feel about working in a Space Station? Is exploring space a good thing? What would be the consequences for civilization if we discovered life on other planets? Do you know anyone who acts as if they lived on another planet?
11) When people criticize you, are you unaffected by it? What topic of conversation is likely to be like a red rag to a bull for you? In arguments, are you like a dog with a bone?
12) What is the most difficult challenge you have set yourself? Which inventions do you think have been the most important for our lives? What scientific research should be given priority by the government? Are labour-saving devices a good thing? Or do they also have downsides?
13) What are the reasons for unacceptable teenage behaviors? Do you think teenage behavior nowadays is worse than it used to be? What do you think is the best time in life to develop your brain? Do you think society takes mental health seriously enough?
14) Do you think people are obsessed with their health? What most affects your sense of well-being? Are you an optimist or a pessimist? What are the most important factors for a healthy life?